Friday, August 3, 2012

Breathe

Sometimes, we miss the little things. The most important things.
We miss the rain drops racing on the window.
We miss burying our feet in the sand.
We miss jumping from couch cushion to couch cushion.
Today, I found the place where I lost those memories.
I found a place to hide.
I found a place to cry.
I found a place where silence speaks.
Where tears fall freely.
Where a heart can beat unceasingly.
Where thoughts can roam without restriction.
I thought of you today.
I thought about your laughter.
I thought about your kindness.
I thought of you in the place where silence speaks.
In the corner of my mind where I found my memories.
The memories of bliss.
The memories of happiness I thought I'd lost.
You were there.
You roamed, and made my heart skip.
You caused the tears to fall.
Like rain drops.
Racing on a window pane.
Today, I realized the importance of breathing.
I realized the impact of oxygen.
I realized how hard it is to keep it flowing.
When I'm thinking of you.
When I'm caught off guard.
When nothing else should matter.
I want to do nothing.
I want to drop everything.
But I can't.
But I should.
And I will.
Because, sometimes, it's okay if you let your mind go blank.
Sometimes, it's okay to forget.
Sometimes, it's okay if the only thing you did today
Was breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment