Sunday, April 7, 2013

Amber

The cool rock wall
Chills me
And I can't tell
If I'm drowning.
The slick water
Covering the face,
Moistens my hands
And smells
Like rich dirt.
I step further and further
And further,
Further,
Carefully
Making my way
Across 
The algae-covered stones.
The misty light
Reveals the particles
Of dust
Along its beam.
A drop of water
Trickles,
Endlessly
Dripping, dripping,
Dripping
Into an unforgiving
Abyss.
Slip.
Splash.
Dampened clothes
Cling
To my flesh.
Something swirls beneath
The surface.
Dark circles
Mingle with
The amber fluid.
Unfamiliar sounds
Echo, echo
Echo
Bouncing back
And forth
Between the damp
Surfaces.
There is nothing
And no end;
No end
To the damp.
No end
To the dripping
Water.
No end
To the dark
Circles
Mingled with
The amber fluid.

No comments:

Post a Comment